Friday, October 28, 2005

A Cornucopia of Stuff

It's been a busy day at Improbable Headquarters.
First, the bad news:
Seriously?? Students can't celebrate Halloween because it offends the "religious beliefs" of some families? Can someone explain this to me? I need to know what religion is so uptight that it cannot see past its own nose. Seriously.
So, if I am offended by, say, Thanksgiving because it celebrates the massacre of the Native American population in North America and I get enough parents together to bitch about it can I make an entire school system come to school on the Friday after Thanksgiving?
Where do we draw the line, people?
You would think that school adminstrators would have better ways to spend their time. Like, by keeping a closer eye on THIS guy:
Seriously!
The world of entertainment brought this little tidbit:
Now I'm sure that there are some good jokes here, "To boldly go where other men have gone before" and whatnot but the truth is, good for him. I'm sorry that he waited so long (that has to be a unique form of Hell) and I'm glad that he finally is able to be completely honest with himself.
Now my personal Entertainment plugs of the week.
If you are not watching the following shows then you are missing out on some excellent, quality hours of well-written programming:
also, if you have not yet checked out "Firefly" on DVD then what are you waiting for???
Finally, in the "Future Must-See-TV" Category come this little gem:
Make sure that you check out the links on the site to catch any upcoming appearances for any one of the ridiculously talanted cast members. Alecia, Anthony, David, Leah and Summer deserve all of the support that you can throw their way.
Seriously!
I don't use the term "Ridiculously Talented" lightly, after all...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Remember that TOS episode with Sulu barechested, wielding a fencing sword? I guess he really was a "gay blade".

6:29 PM, October 29, 2005  
Blogger Andy said...

Oh, see, now THAT was just wrong. True, perhaps but very, VERY wrong. Bad Cindy! Hee hee hee.

9:52 PM, October 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home