Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Let's Play a Game - Part 2

Tension was high (2 whole comments, after all) after I threw down the challenge to all of you to tell me "Who IS this??"
My friend Cynthia threw out the name Courtney Cox. An excellent guess. Both woman are seriously emaciated and if Courtney chopped off all her hair in a pique of anger ("I hate BRAD for what he did to Rachel - I mean, Jennifer! Ooh, I'm so mad I could just cut off all my hair with these sheep shearers!") then she could certainly look like this.
But it's not Courtney Cox. And Cindy does not receive Blog Fame.
That dubious distinction goes to Summer Ryan Doyle, who accurately (and INSANELY quickly) identified our mysterious bag lady as none other than actress LORI PETTY (seen here circa 1990 - and it still is a lousy picture).
That's right - Lori Petty. Who as you may recall, starred in such notable films as "A League of Their Own" (1992) as Kit Keller or in "Tank Girl" (1995) as, well, Tank Girl. Ms. Petty has gone on to be cast in a slew of B-level thrillers including "Countdown" (1996), "The Arrangement" (1999), "Firetrap", and "Route 666" (both 2001). After stepping into the director's chair and pulling double duty both in front of and behind the camera on 2001's "Horrible Accident", Petty rocked her heart out in search of a record contract in the 2003 musical drama "Prey for Rock & Roll".
Ms. Petty (which is just fun to say. Kinda like "Ms. Take") just celebrated a birthday. She turned 42 on October 14. Her birthday wish as she blew out her candles was "Please give me my career back".
For her swift reply and her command of all things trivial we honor Summer Ryan Doyle by acknowledging that she is a Master of Trivia and proclaim to all that read this blog that, at least for right now, Summer is the master to beat at "Who IS This??"
Summer will be honored with a lovely plaque (not really) and will be the sole subject of a future blog posting entitled "Summer Ryan Doyle Made Me Cry" (really).

2 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Sure I receive blog fame. You mentioned my name not only once but twice, even reverting to "Cindy" as you knew me back in the day. Not divulging my full identity will only serve to pique curiosity and thus give me my due. Besides, Lori Petty? Please, her name says it all. :-)

3:35 PM, October 18, 2005  
Blogger Summer Ryan Doyle said...

I am truly honored, Andy, to recieve the first Master of Trivia award--and yet there is a nagging sense of shame to have done so on this particular topic...

I look forward to defending my title and can't wait to see what you cook up next on "Who IS This??"

P.S. Very nice guess, Cynthia. The emaciated Courtney Cox and Lori Petty do look frighteningly alike. ;)

5:56 PM, October 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home