Thursday, February 09, 2006

Couch Potato

I've been sick.
I've had some cold/sinus thinghy that just won't go away. This, in turn, has turned me into a couch potato. No reading or writing for me, no sir! Just the remote and an endless parade of mindless TV shows to calm my aching head. Here is my assessment of my TV viewing for the past week:
Guilty Pleasure: Reruns of "Big Valley" on Encore Westerns. I LOVE this show.
Biggest Disappointment: Reruns of "Friends" after Ross & Rachel broke up (the first time). Just how scary addicted was Matthew Perry, anyway? God he's thin!! And Joey was so much funnier before "Joey".
Most Joy: My DVR. The ability to record shows with the touch of a button and save them until I want to watch them is the best TV invention of this century so far. DVR + Turner Classic Movies = GREAT VIEWING.
Must See TV: Hands down, it's "Battlestar Galactica", "Veronica Mars", "Grey's Anatomy" and "The Office". However, "My Name is Earl" is sneaking in there, too.
The Show that Needs to Die: "That 70's Show". What was once a VERY funny sitcom has become a pale imitation of its former self. Without Eric and Kelso this show just sucks. Its kinda like "Happy Days" was after Ritchie left and Ted McGinley came on board to hang with The Fonz. Total crap.
Aside: Ted McGinley has killed ALOT of TV shows, hasn't he?
Blog Admission: I was so tired on sunday night that I actually watched minutes on end of "Puppy Bowl" on Animal Planet. Cute puppies running around a puppy-sized football stadium playing with toys was counterprogramming to the Super Bowl. It was strangely compelling.
I think that my head is finally starting to clear up. I may actually move off the couch soon...but not until "Big Valley" is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home