Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Must Love Dogs

True story:
Katie and I had been dating for just one week. In this week I had become completely smitten with her and she with me. On Columbus Day we were walking Malcolm in the Arnold Arboretum. It was a beautiful Fall day and we were taking complete advantage of it. We walked up to the top of a small hill where there was alternatively a beautiful view of the city skyline or the green expanse of the Arboretum. Ringing the top of the hill were several stone benches. Choosing to view the greenery we sat down on a bench, I on the left side and Katie on the right side. Quite unexpectedly, Malcolm hopped up between us to survey his surroundings. Then, without provocation, he licked me on the cheek, turned, and eagerly did the same to Katie. Content, he went back to sitting quietly between us.
She told me afterwards that Malcolm had never, ever done that with anyone before. Right there and then she knew that she would marry me someday because Malcolm had given me the Lick of Approval.
And so, in the spirit of the day, I present to you a website designed by a dog lover for dog lovers everywhere so that they might find their own special someone:
And here is an article from The Boston Globe about said website: Boston Globe Article
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Lovely story. I'm always amazed by animals' abilities to "see" into people. Malcolm obviously recognized that you were good people, Andy. :) s

2:16 PM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home