Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Random Blog-Thoughts

I am still gathering my wits (and getting over jet lag) before I detail our trip to Venice. While you're waiting, here are some thoughts floating around in my head:
  • New England was a wet and wild place while Katie and I were traveling. I will be so annoyed if ANYONE puts up a "Water Ban in Effect" sign anywhere within 200 miles of Boston anytime this Spring.
  • "The Da Vinci Code" may just be the worst reviewed Summer Blockbuster in quite some time yet it stilled racked up $77,000,000.00 this weekend alone. Are the critics wrong or is this just further proof of the dumbing down of America?
  • Speaking of movies, there has yet to be ANY film that I am really jazzed to see on the big screen this summer.
  • OOPS! I lied! X-Men III and Pirates of the Caribbean II are MUST-SEE MOVIES!!
  • I read "Lonesome Dove" by Larry McMurtry while we were traveling. This is an absolutely wonderful book that is historically accurate, supremely insighful and epic novel of the mythic west. It was a great and pleasant surprise.
  • Katie and I had a GREAT time in Venice, but there were times that we missed traveling with League of Stupid American Pig-Dogs.
  • Watching "24" is my BIGGEST guilty pleasure on TV. Plotlines get dropped, travel time in LA is reduced to seconds and there is ALWAYS a mole in CTU. Yet, I wouldn't miss a minute of the "Jack Bauer Power Hour" just to see what Jack pulls out of the Jack Sack or how his Magic Hoodie will allow him to escape from terrorists, protect him from a lead pipe or turn him invisible to sneak aboard a government plane. Ludicrous? You bet. But I LOVE it!
  • "The Office" is the Best Comedy on TV. Yet I was a bit verklempt when Jim kissed Pam in the season finale...
  • Finally, President Bush responded to a question from a reporter that his "best moment in office was when I caught a 7.5-pound perch in my lake." Given the mess he's made of everything else in the world I couldn't possibly agree more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I did NOT see the missing minutes of the "Jack Bauer Power Hour" except in the recap at the beginning of the next episode.

Stupid Presidential press conference.

9:45 AM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home