Monday, August 28, 2006

Thank God Newhart was Spared

Did you watch the 58th annual Primetime Emmy Awards presented by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences last night?
If not, then you have NO idea what the title of this post actually means.
Katie and I did watch, but only until Tony Shalhoub beat out Steve Carell for "Best Actor in a Comedy Series". This was a crime. Not that "Monk" isn't a great character, but Steve Carrell makes "Michael Scott" both cringe-worthy and sympathetic at the same time. Not an easy feat. Just ask Ricky Gervais.
And don't even get me started about Megan Mullaney's win for "Will & Grace". Puh-leeze. Anyway, fed up AND tired, I went to bed.
I should have stayed with the show until the end because my annoyance would have been relieved at 11PM. Then I would have seen "The Office" take home an Emmy award for Best Comedy!
(L to R: Steve Carell, B.J. Novak, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski and Rainn Wilson)
The win is announced here. Also, check out the video clips on the right-hand side of the screen. The cast is seen on the red carpet before the Emmy's began.
Here are Jenna Fischer ("Pam Beesly") & John Krasinski ("Jim Halpert") before the show:
I am officially declaring that "Pam Beesley" is one of my TV crushes, along with Abbie Carmichael and Kaylee Frye.
Have I mentioned that I LOVE this show?
Congratulations to the cast and crew of "The Office".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home