Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Feel the Breeze...UPDATED

Its Summer!
Summertime makes me think of cruisin' down the expressway listening to toe-tappin' songs turned up high while the top is down in the SAAB convertible.
Here's a few of my recent favorites:

and this:

and an oldie but geeky:The Oneders!

Uhhh, that's "The Wonders".

UPDATE: Cindy reminded me of a most excellent song that we used to listen to - "Temptation Eyes" by The Grass Roots. Unfortunately, the only good version of the song has been put to an anime video.

It doesn't matter - the song is that good!

Love 'em? Hate 'em? Let me know! Feel free to reveal a favorite or two of your own...

6 Comments:

Blogger Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Great song selection! I love That Thing You Do (the movie)--fantastic cast. I was totally crushin' on Ethan Embry in college.

I'm surprised you like the first two songs... aren't they a bit dirrrty?

11:02 PM, June 20, 2007  
Blogger Andy said...

"That Thing You Do" is one of my favorite films - a great cast with a cool soundtrack that really captured the era well.

As to the first two songs, yes they are a bit dirrrty - but the songs are infectious. I also like "Greased Lightning" from the "Grease" soundtrack - just listen to those words sometime. :-)

6:26 AM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Ever since "Happy Feet" I've been listening to Stevie Wonder, especially "I Wish" and "Golden Lady".

Also, The Grass Roots (Andy, you know which songs), Eva Cassidy, and Susan Tedeschi, plus some Boston for good measure and the George Harrison memorial concert album.

2:27 PM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger Andy said...

"Temptation Eyes" by the Grass Roots totally rocks! Good call, Cindy!

3:21 PM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger Fox In Detox said...

Ok...in that order: Loved it, Pink is not my color, It is a wonder (sort of), still up in the air.

I am currently stuck in the big band era, with hints of the essential smoky jazz thrown in for good measure. Think cocktails and slinky dresses. It's not just a mood, it's a way of life.

9:31 AM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Andy said...

I love smoky jazz / Big Band era music! Check out Amy Winehouse for some new, great smoky jazz. Jane Monheit is a must, too.

11:24 AM, June 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home