Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rockies Horror


It's almost Halloween.
It's time to trot out your best horror stories and use them to scare the bejeezus out of people.
Here's the horror story that they're telling in Colorado this morning: Final score - Sox:13 Rockies:1
And, while I LOVE this story, here's the tale of horror that I'm sharing with all of you: St.Joseph's Bans Harry Potter in Wakefield.
Yup. You read that right. A Catholic school in MASSACHUSETTS - not Alabama, Arkansas or some other backwater Red state - has banned the Harry Potter series from their shelves.
The horror, the horror...

3 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Excellent blog title!

I know of at least one family here in CT who has similar feelings about Harry Potter but they belong to the 'fundy' church in town.

I thought church was for faith, not fear. But then, look at church history.

5:40 PM, October 25, 2007  
Blogger Andy said...

Thank you. :-)

Church history really is amazing, isn't it? Just sit down and read about the Medeci's. They alone make church history worth learning.

The whole reason that I stopped going to Catholic church - besides the bigotry and sexual abuse scandal - was that I realized that I was only attending because I was afraid NOT to go to church because that's how I was raised.

God shouldn't be about fear.

8:22 AM, October 26, 2007  
Blogger Fox In Detox said...

I am a firm believer that people who ban things like children's books are nothing more than headline grabbers. They're looking for the attention they will undoubtedly get from being so openly "controvercial". Unfortunately, when they finally do get their 15 minutes of " Fox news worthy" fame... no one can recognise them...because all of their heads are stuck up their asses....looking for their common sense no doubt.

9:38 AM, October 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home