Sunday, January 20, 2008

Goodbye, India

"Cats Leave Paw Prints On Your Heart"
Author: Unknown
May 26, 1996 - January 19, 2008

"Sometimes it's the smallish things that take up the most room in our heart." - AA Milne

Jenna wrote the following post on her blog. It is reprinted here with her kind permission:

"This Saturday, and important member of my family was put to sleep after eleven years of being a faithful and loving friend.
My kitty, India.
Since I was four years old, India has been one of my best friends. I was never scratched, maimed, or harmed in any way by her. While I was reading, she would crawl into my lap and purr like a motor.
India was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks before Christmas.
She made it through the holidays (for us, maybe?) but finally decided that she needed to move on. She stopped eating and soon stopped her normal routines. We knew we had to make a choice, and we brought her to the vet at 5:30 on Saturday, January 19, 2008 to say our final goodbyes and make sure she was happy in her last few moments alive.
Her last moments were spent in my arms, purring into the crook of my elbow.
Rest in peace, my gorgeous little kitty. I'll miss you."

And now I'm tearing up again...

5 Comments:

Blogger Fox In Detox said...

Sorry my friends. I feel for you. It's hard to lose an animal. My heart goes out to you.

8:53 AM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Summer Ryan Doyle said...

I'm so sorry.

1:02 PM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Deepest sympathies, friend.

3:06 PM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Leah said...

I am sorry for your great loss. Leah

9:02 AM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn, that made me tear up. Give Jenna my thanks for giving me a 'human' moment. Now, back to my cold, heartless self.

I feel better already (sort of).

3:42 PM, March 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home