Thursday, April 17, 2008

Long Tails and Ears for Hats

Does anyone (besides me) remember Josie and the Pussycats?
Let me jog your memory with this:



Do you remember when both "Josie and the Pussycats" and "Scooby Doo" had "chase songs" during their episodes?
Well, I do.
These were bubble gum pop songs in the vein of "The Archies". Just last week I found myself humming one of these chase songs from "Josie and the Pussycats" - which is pretty unbelievable since this song first aired in the early 1970's. One quick, near-obsessive, Internet investigation later an lo and behold, someone actually had the song up on Youtube.
(alas, no scenes from the show, just the song)


Now I'm sure that I am not the only person who fondly remembers some cartoon / song from their childhood that you would ordinarily never discuss in the light of day, right? So, therefore, I am throwing the gauntlet down!
What is one of your favorite "I would usually never admit this to anyone, but I used to LOVE..." cartoons and/or songs?
See that? The gauntlet is down!
Who DARES pick up the gauntlet?

6 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Gauntlet retrieved...

At first I couldn't think of any old cartoons/songs that were embarrassing to admit to liking (in the past). I browsed some websites of old cartoons and suddenly a faint memory popped into my head and I went hunting. I can't believe I used to like this show, but alas, I did. Remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18_KL8PUYM

Hmmm...here a couple of other blasts from the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtD4mn9CeH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEE9pKRoB8

11:17 PM, April 18, 2008  
Blogger 1st Lady said...

Well I'm a big cartoon fan too. I would have to say Tom and Jerry, which I think is British so you may not have seen it? I really prefer the cartoons from my childhood, these days the graphics look all the same.

9:30 AM, April 20, 2008  
Blogger Andy said...

1st lady - "Tom & Jerry" were created by MGM and shown over here all the time. What cartoons did you specifically remember from your childhood(which, of course, is only a few years ago, right?)? Wasn't "Roger Ramjet" a British import? I remember "Danger Mouse", too...

8:17 AM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Not exactly a shocker, this one. Every time we sing "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" in church, I always think of Davey and Goliath. Granted, it was not a cartoon (more like what Rankin and Bass used for all those Christmas specials) but still a song that brings me back to childhood TV.

I thought the music for the animated Star Trek series was pretty cool, too.

Great nostalgic blog, Andy!

10:34 AM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Fox In Detox said...

Ok... I'll bite.

Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat..when ever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks...felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat, he laughs so much your sides will ache, your heart will go pitter pat watching Felix, the wonderul cat.

There, I'm old. Shoot me.

1:48 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger 1st Lady said...

Oh yes, Danger Mouse, I still remember the theme to that one! Yes, I watched that, oh and Inspector Gadget was quite good too. So Tom and Jerry were American, I presumed wrongly! Mutley was a favourite in our house.

7:57 AM, April 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home