Thursday, June 19, 2008

Undiscovered Shores


Everyone will be there. People will emerge larger than life from day to day shadows to remind me of our shared history together.
Words will be said. Official words, Ceremonious words. Nonsense.
Then we will gather as a family. Words will be said here, too. Words filled with shared loss; words from those who have travelled this road together. Words that share a common, familial thread.
The food will be plentiful. There will be more than a few homemade items sitting alongside the Stop & Shop deli platter and plastic party cups.
There will be laughter and tears; joy and heartache. Hello sprinkled with a liberal dose of farewell.
Looking around the hearth I will see those who have meant so much to me. Most will be present; some will not.
All of us, gathered together, in person and in spirit, to say goodbye to my cousin Trish (Peterson) Souza; who has journeyed to the undiscovered country all too soon and far too young.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fox In Detox said...

My sympathies friend. How odd that are lives parallel so much that we're going through the same thing at the same time. Is this the Silver Lake Vortex?

7:30 AM, June 19, 2008  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry, Andy. God bless you and keep you and your family.

8:41 AM, June 19, 2008  
Blogger Letera said...

I am also sorry for your loss Andy. Again its so hard when you lose someone. Especially someone close or family. Its so hard. My condolenscenses are with you and your family. Sorry if I didnt spell it right

11:43 PM, June 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home