Monday, November 10, 2008

Overheard


A conversation at work:
"I may be a bit cranky today."
"Really? Why?"
"I'm going in for an endoscopic exam this afternoon and I haven't been able to eat anything since midnight."
"When was the last time you had anything to eat?"
"Eight o'clock last night."
"And what time is your appointment?"
"Three fifteen this afternoon."
"Oh wow - that sucks."
"It totally does."
"So what are you doing before then?"
"I'm drinking water until noontime and then I have to stop that, too."
"That's quite the challenge."
"Yeah...it really can't get any worse than this."
At this moment, our supervisor -who was oblivious to our conversation-walked over with a big smile on her face.
"Hey. As a 'Thank you' for all of your hard work lately we're ordering pizza for lunch today."
There was much laughter.
I wasn't laughing. I was hungry.
But the irony was truly delicious.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fox In Detox said...

Hey, hope you're ok. Is this routine?

9:45 AM, November 10, 2008  
Blogger Cynthia said...

The only good thing about an endoscopy is the drugs to put you out.

I hope everything turns out well.

4:19 PM, November 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home