Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"What is Your Name?" - UPDATED

As you know, "Star Trek" premieres in theatres May 8, 2009.
The movie features the main characters of the original Star Trek series, who are portrayed by a new cast. It follows James T. Kirk (Chris Pine) enrolling at Starfleet Academy, his first meeting with Spock (Zachary Quinto), and their battles with Romulans from the future, who are interfering with history.
UPDATED: What you did NOT know is that there is one extra scene that has been added to the trailer.
Here is the trailer with one extra scene:

Thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

It sucked me in...I'd go see it. I'm always wary of "prequels", but this looks like it's worth a shot.

12:55 PM, November 19, 2008  
Blogger Summer Ryan Doyle said...

That looks AWESOME! I'm a huge fan of Zachary Quinto and I think he'll be great as Spock. Definitely going to see it.

12:58 PM, November 19, 2008  
Blogger Fox In Detox said...

Um, actually Andy... I, uh, had no idea they were even making another Star Trek. Is that something that everyone would know, or only people who hang out in places like, say.... The Forgotten Realms, or Eberron perhaps?

By the way, stay out of the Tomb of Urum-Shar (unless of course, you are a wyrm of incredible power)...I hear that brown dragon's got a temper on him. :o)

3:05 PM, November 19, 2008  
Blogger Andy said...

Smart@$$. :-)

I have personally never hung out in the Forgotten Realms, or Eberron. But, if you were to mention the Free City of Greyhawk well NOW we're talking!

Seriously, you can't swing a dead cat without there being coverage of this movie somewhere - usually around Quinto or JJ Abrams. How have you NOT heard about it?

3:10 PM, November 19, 2008  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Um...Andy, I too (shock!) had not heard about it, but then I've sort've given up TV (ultra shock!).

It looks like a great movie, but it doesn't look like Star Trek.

Part of what I liked about the original series and the movies thereafter was that the characters' pasts were never fully known but slowly revealed. Personally, I can live with mystery.

But of course I'll still see it!

5:19 PM, November 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home