Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

My back protested as I heaved a shovelful of wet snow over my shoulder once more. Not counting the Blizzard of '78 I can't remember the last time that I saw this much continuous snowfall. I, like the rest of New England, had been shoveling for two days, trying to stay ahead of the accumulating mess. I love a good snowstorm but enough is enough. I had decided that if I heard any carolers singing "Let it Snow!Let it Snow!Let it Snow!" then I was going to punch them in the face.
Now the driveway was clear once more. I was cold but I no longer cared. This was a job well done. As I watched the snow fall I was humming my new favorite Christmas song.
I first heard this song as a duet from my co-workers Jessica and Azniv a few years ago. They both have beautiful voices and it was always fun to hear them begin to harmonize together along with this simple tune with difficult lyrics. While neither woman sounds or looks like Dean Martin, they have fun while singing it and that's all that matters.
This year I realized that I really, really like this song.
Now I'm sharing it with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fox In Detox said...

Ha! I just read your blog. Great minds think alike. The title of mine? Let it snow...let it snow... let it snow!

8:34 AM, December 22, 2008  
Blogger Andy said...

I am going to punch your blog in the face.

8:16 AM, December 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home