Monday, June 01, 2009

Randomness



  • For the past few months my Sunday breakfast has consisted of bacon, scrambled eggs (with ketchup) and either toast or homefries; all cooked in a cast-iron skillet. I chase this down with a glass of mixed OJ/cranberry juice and a mug of hot tea all while reading the Sunday Globe.
  • I love the smell of cooking bacon. It reminds me of weekends at home in Bryantville.
  • It really annoys me when my sister can only remember my phone number when she wants something from me.
  • There are times when I can't remember my mother's face. Yet, I can always vividly recall the sight of the drops of her dark red blood (from the IV insertion) against the yellowish-green floor of the ER.
  • Katie and I watched "The Devil and Daniel Webster" last night. It was a great film, like a folktale being told around a campfire. It's very "New England". Afterwards, I went upstairs to the library and read the short story that is collected in a work of American Folklore. I love that I could do that.
  • My good friends and neighbors John and Kristin are selling their house and will be moving (not too far) away. I completely understand their reasons for doing so and I will miss them terribly when they leave.
  • I think the "new car smell" of Facebook has worn off for me.
  • I always seem to be in the "quiet room" at parties and I enjoy "quiet" a lot more than I enjoy crowds and noise. I'm trying to figure out if this is a new thing or if I am finally just acknowledging something that has always been the case?
  • There are times that I think that I've done a great job with Jenna and there are times when I feel that I've completely dropped the ball. She'll be a senior next Fall and she has many decisions to make. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
  • I received a "B+" on my final exam in "Beowulf & Seamus Heaney". Now I am anxiously awaiting my final grade. I'll find out on Wednesday, which can't come soon enough for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fox In Detox said...

Great post friend. I too enjoy quiet..and it's not a new thing for me. I think you and I are neck and neck in the grade department. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a B+, and I'm ok with that. I think they should bottle the cooking bacon smell...it's awesome.

7:41 AM, June 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home